Horse-y Trips in 2018
In hockey parlance, 2018 was a rebuilding year. With insufficient horse-power and some lame (pun intended) shopping trips, I drove a lot of miles across western Canada, seeking buffalo, suitable horses, and wilderness fun 'through the ears'.
- Riding in Prince Albert National Park, northern Saskatchewan
- A 3 day pack trip in Bob Creek Wilderness, Alberta
- An aborted mule pack trip to see bison in Banff National Park
- Driving cattle to mountain pasture
- Cheering on the 'chucks'
- Day trips into newly minted Castle Provincial and Wilderness Park in southwest Alberta
- Three weeks wrangling near the continental divide northwest of Dease Lake, BC